04 February 2013

I've been told not to judge people. By you guessed it, girls. The type that flocks together to condemn people who judge them. It is ironic since in condemning people, judgement has been passed by them onto their judges. There are also those who do not condemn, but opt to distance themselves from those who judge.

The people who told me off, I judged them to act childishly, seemingly on a whim. Especially when it comes to cute things, or being unaware of their environment.

For me, judging comes naturally. I believe it to be a survival trait, something to tell me the person who would most likely get me killed, and hence avoid that person. To generate attributes of a particular person requires a keen eye, observing and the follow-up acting on the observations constitute judging, I think.

Come to think of it, they do not judge because they prefer not to pay attention to their surroundings and company. For that, they are judged. Do they resent judgement because it is unfair for them, who do not judge? I do not know, but neither do I care.

On a side note, one of them once chided me for condemning Apple products and declared that I would get one within 5 years. While she probably would have forgotten about this since she is the type to be ditzy and unaware type, and me being the typical old man remembering a grudge, I take heart that nearly 3 years have passed without myself being in ownership of any Apple products.

Why partake in a forgotten bet? I suppose my dislike for how Apple runs is still as strong as the day when I first took a stand against the half-eaten fruit. Some of their products might be good, and I have been tempted. But their methods and ways have turned me off more.