28 June 2009

Fossil Service Centre had me fuming yesterday.

I called the place at 11am plus. First 2 calls didn't get through, the third was answered only after serveral rings. And the staff tried to hang up before I finished the questions I wanted to ask.

Sent my watch in around 12.40pm for battery replacement & was told it'll be ready in roughly 30 minutes. Took a walk around & went back 40 minutes later. Was told my watch wasn't ready yet. So again, I walked around Orchard & since the rendezvous was pushed back by half an hour.

I called the service centre up near 3pm thinking I could make it quick there, grab the watch & rush to the rendezvous point in 30 minutes. But the staff who answered told me she didn't know when it'll be ready & she'd call me when it was.

Received that call around 4.15pm. So I made my way there after the meet-up was over. The 4 staff there took more than 10 minutes to find my watch; initially presenting me with a watch that wasn't similar to the model I had at the very least.

Searched through baskets & baskets of watches while I waited there, more annoyed by the minute before they finally found my watch with a teeny bit of fray on the strap. (I was of course being a tad too scrutinizing in that last bit, but who can help it when you're that annoyed.)

Before leaving, I asked one of the staff if she knew how to clean the leather strap. Apparently no, they only change straps for customers which costs S$45 & takes around 1 to 2 months.

S$12 for that absolute rubbish a service, I'd rather take a risk & visit a neighbourhood watch repair shop.